By Squadala - July 31, 9:52 PM
The official Playstation blog has announced that the the Playstation 4 version of The Talos Principle, called The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition will be released on October 13th! The PS4 version also includes the recently-released Road to Gehenna DLC for free! It will be available digitally, but North and South American Talos fans can also get a physical version of the game, complete with special boxart! The Talos Principle's Facebook page has shared what the box art will look like, which can be seen below.
A new trailer that shows the basics of the story has appeared on the official Playstation Youtube channel as well.
By Squadala - July 31, 9:31 PM
DwK has released a new patch for the Steam version of Serious Sam 2 that has several fixes for InSamnity! 2 and improved Vsync. The full changelog can be found below:
- Wait for VSync is now handled only by the D3D device.
- Added "Change active mod" file menu item and dialog for Serious Editor 2.
- Added mod and version support to online match menus.
- Improved controller support by making the distinction between what form of input was last processed more precise and include more usage scenarios.
InSamnity! 2 changes
- Made mod and author text light gray instead of white for select mod scroll list items.
- Fixed 1st person placements and FOV on weapons.
- Fixed Dunes and Metropolis levels being locked by default in custom level menu.
- Fixed Ursul Village door pusher Neanderthal not always getting made vulnerable.
- Fixed Approaching City ride arrival script so Bull enemy that kills Simba hover craft rider won't remain invulnerable.
- Added NPC subtitles and voice options.
- Fixed Kamikaze run animation speed being a little fast.
- Re-enabled item pickup element and created new text effect for it.
- Fixed auto aim not working due to double initialization of base weapon var.
- Fixed points not working properly in Single player.
- Ammo items are no longer spawned on enemy death when using infinite ammo in single player.
- Fixed item pickups not showing in the HUD.
- Fixed issue with scrolling, up and down, in advanced profile options menu.
- Removed "Check for updates" option in menus.
- Fixed multiple column scroll lists not working properly with a controller.
If you have any issues or notice any bugs with the latest path, please post them on our Serious Sam 2 forum.
By Squadala - July 25, 10:08 PM
Reviews for the Road to Gehenna DLC for The Talos Principle are coming out. It seems reviewers are very fond of it, judging by the reviews covered below.
PC Gamer gave Road to Gehenna a 8.5 out of ten. Chris Thursten, the reviewer, enjoyed the puzzles and the new terminal system, but seemed to be disappointed by the lack of new puzzle elements, stating that “A few more surprises within the puzzles themselves would have made this expansion essential.”. Despite this, he still says that “it still comes highly recommended.”
Gamecloud scored Road to Gehenna a nine out of ten. The reviewer, William Kirk, states that, in the DLC, “everything is wholly refined” and that “It’s a game that focuses on mastery over new tricks; although, the star of the show is really Gehenna itself”. He seemed to enjoy how Gehenna feels more alive than the base game does thanks to the new terminal system.
Pixeldynamo's Melissa Vach has given Road to Gehenna a score of 8.8 out of 10. They spend a good amount of time discussing the difficulty of the puzzles in the DLC, stating that “...you’re going to need both creative thinking and accuracy for the puzzles in Road to Gehenna “.
Rock Paper Shotgun did not give the DLC a score, but seemed quite impressed with the writing and how difficult the puzzles are. The reviewer, John Walker , revealed that he actually write down possible solutions on paper, showing how much planning he put into solving the puzzles. He also seemed quite impressed with the writing in the terminals, noting that he “especially love(d) the genuinely cruel mockery of self-congratulatory communities’ praising each other’s mediocrity”.
By Louva-Deus - July 24, 6:23 PM
The latest update for Serious Sam 2 includes a new mod loading menu and the resurrection of one of the best mods for the game: InSamnity! 2. If you have never played it, you should, now. You will find it in the "Select Mod" menu.
It is intense!
The full changelog is below.
- Added "Use auto jump" player profile option.
- Fixed overlapping text in customize controls menu screen due to 3 lines being possible due to the addition of controller support.
- Fixed improper controller button icons showing for Netricsa menu.
- Loading screen menu continue message now lists both buttons that can be used to continue.
- Fixed some issues with the controller setup menu screen not always showing axes and button info properly.
- Fixed not being able to interrupt boot intro movies with controller.
- Improved using of the cheats menu by having it exit back to the game, except unlock levels, where it seems more appropriate to exit back to the in game menu.
- Removed cheats button from main menu.
- Moved vehicle health HUD element down and more to the side.
- Fixed an issue with manual save naming when the only save is the "QuickSave".
- Fixed manual saves not loading.
- Created and implemented new 'Select Mod' menu.
- The InSamnity! 2 mod is now an official mod and can be selected from the "Select Mod" menu available in the Main Menu.
Please report any bugs or issues with the latest patch on our Serious Sam 2 forum.
By Squadala - July 23, 9:46 AM
The Road to Gehenna DLC for The Talos Principle has been released on Steam for Windows and Macintosh! It normally costs $14.99 USD, but there is a 10%-off discount available until July 30th.
Devolver Digital has also released a launch trailer for Road to Gehenna. Check it out!
By Louva-Deus - July 22, 9:28 PM
The Talos Principle was nominated for best game of the year by The Geekie Awards for 2015! And this year they will be letting the audience vote for the winners! The voting will commence sometime in August (we'll let you know) and you will be able to vote once a day for Talos (support Croteam)!
The winner will be announced at the show on October 15th! I will be very disappointed if Talos doesn't win. So spread the word guys! Share this post with every Sam/Talos lover you know!
PS. The Road to Gehenna DLC will be unlocked within the next 8-9 hours!
By Squadala - July 22, 8:18 PM
Here's some great news for fans that want to tinker with the art seen in the Serious Sam series; Croteam, via Seriously! member Solais, has released the source art files for many models seen in Serious Sam 2, Serious Sam HD, and Serious Sam 3: BFE! The models include enemies, weapons, vehicles, and Serious Sam 2's NPCs, along with many other miscellaneous models. The source releases include the textures, models, skeletons, and animations for many models in both .lwo (Lightwave 3D) and the “ascii” format used in the Serious Sam games. The sources can be exported into various Serious Sam games and modeling programs for editing. However, there are some issues; the animations in Serious Engine's format sometimes lack key animations. The Lightwave 3D sources have more animations, but it's currently difficult to convert them to a format that a Serious Sam game will read.
The model sources can be grabbed here.
By Louva-Deus - July 19, 9:31 AM
Holy Grail From Hell recently published a list of the best local co-op games of all-time and Serious Sam is the fourth one on the list! Check it out!
You know what’s worse than a dead MMO? A game with dead online co-op. That is also the primary reason couch co-op comes about to be one of those cardinal features developers seem to overlook...
On Serious Sam: "Pure adrenaline rush with oddball enemy design and electric FPS action."